Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2012, 10:52 AM

INTJ is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone, i would like to seek the advice of the more experienced civil servants here.

some background

qualification: NUS Bach of Arts (normal) in 2000
Working exp: 10 years since 2001, currently Asst. Manager & Sales Team Leader in MNC (7 years in the company)

I have decided to take a more relaxed route in life especially after the birth of my child. Working more than 10 hours a day including the weekend is just not viable any more even if i am earning on average of $5000 / month.

Hence, i had applied for a job at a stat board and was offered the position of a Senior Executive recently. The salary offered was $3500 and that is smack right in the middle of the MX 12 range, right?

Based on the experience of the forumers here, is this a fair deal? Should i ask for more? I am replied to the HR that i am likely to accept but should i bargain for a little more?

I do not hope that i sound too materialistic, it is just that with a child in the family and the primary bread winner, i just want to have the best for my child and feel that i am valued by the stat board as well.