Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 30-01-2022, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sad to see teachers here talking about promotions and positions blah blah blah. In reality, there are already shortage of teachers and no one wanna join the teaching positions. Some schools are employing as many as 15 FAJTs or even more due to this shortage. If this goes on, I don't know what's the reality of the education landscape in Singapore. I also have seen many good teachers just drop the towel and leave the service.
Based on MOE's own definition...There is no shortage of teachers.

But for those fighting the battles on the ground...They see a whole different picture lol.

But you are also right. Many good and promising young teachers are leaving and I support their decision. There is no point in slogging and grinding so much for a system which does not take care of a teacher's health. And look at the emotional weight and expectations from the current profile of students and parents. Not forgetting some very selfish colleagues or KPs too. For those who leave, they will definitely find a better working life out there

Passion can only go this far. Think more about your own health and happiness instead