Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2022, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most of the Big 4's aren't hiring or retaining NQ, if you check their LinkedIn, my careersfuture, or their own web page. R&T has been putting up vacancy ads for maintenance (it says the vacancy is open till 2024). I thought with the attrition, there will have shortage and hence should have more vacancy open up. Or is it because put more workload on current associates to cut cost?

Now you see they are hiring patent executive, finance executive, capital mkt analyst, digital marketing etc which are not law related
This is basic legal industry supply and demand.
Big 4s don't need NQs. They have an uninterrupted manpower pipeline of 2-3 years in advance, because TCs are given out to year 2 and 3 uni students (local & overseas unis). Bear in mind overseas law grads start RLT earlier than local.

The attrition crunch is at the "senior" junior level, i.e. 3PQE and above. Where it is increasingly hard to replace. Not even talking about senior associates, which are rare gems.

Hiring non-lawyer business professionals is arguably a good sign. It means the firm are looking at service delivery that's not purely about narrow legal advice. Anyway, larger firms will always need a bigger number of biz and ops professionals. U don't expect lawyers to run the marketing department right.