Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - High Finance Thread
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2022, 04:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am very interested in changing to the financial industry
Anything in financial industry or a specific role? You need to know the exact roles you want to target, then you can weigh the probability and trade off. Especially since it may take some detour and there is a good probability the master does not reap its benefits.

Changing an industry is never going to be easy, and it gets tougher as you aged. If you are talking about MA programmes which hired Masters students, maybe that could work since it hired more generically. If you are talking about investment banking or markets type of work, you will probably need to aim for smaller firms and intern quite aggressively. Even then, not sure how easy it is to get the internships.

I am in AM and have been involved in interviewing ppl in last 2-3 years. If there is an open position for someone new to the industry, I will find it hard to choose an early 30s mid career switch resume for interview. I will worry about factors like: sufficient basic finance related knowledge, level of motivation, ability to reset thinking approach