Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2022, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi OP here, thanks all for advice & motivation - really appreciate the wake-up call that 29M with NS and only getting 4k really ish joke. I am applying for jobs now. Just v frustrated at work cos D, DD, AD all say until I jin good and therefore throw lots of work (technical & non-technical) to me, but never reward with anything other than words. Now that colleague left, like doing 3 roles for price of half.

Some additional information: Was from Private Sector IT sector, but got hired as fresh grad without com sci degree & coding bkgrd which is why I low confidence and settled for less. Have talked to Govtech counterparts but they dun want to offend my side by poaching me (apparently)

My salary history:

Year 1: $3900, no AWS, 0.5mth bonus (low bonus cos American company believe in gd performance reward with increment but not bonus)
Year 2: $4600, no AWS, 0.5mth bonus
Year 3: $4000, AWS, 2.8 mth bonus - switched to ministry, base lower, but overall more
Year 4: pending increment, currently contract-less cos HR screw up on renewal
sorry to hear about it, bosses very impt TBH.... sgunited is a temp scheme and the budget not very high de...

there isn't a lot of IT agencies around though, I think HDB and SFA it still MX scheme however if you wanna try, you can always just direct apply to govtech as they will see you as an existing public servant and might get an interview and see how..

note that for SVC, they are in need of PM and BA with Agile and cloud experiences. the interview not easy but can try..

I have a new colleague drawing 4.5k in a SB, came to Govtech got a just to 5.8k..