Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nani View Post
I obtained my degree (from an aussie university) while still serving in the civil service. Started with $1.8k, as a direct entry diploma holder.

Yes, definitely I have to suffer a pay cut in the private sector but I know that the pay increment will pick up as I gain more experience professionally as an engineer or anywhere that recognises my degree and experiences. Furthermore, if i want to pursue further studies, i don't foresee any career progression in the civil service even with a MBA, as part-time MBA is not recognised at all. So what's the point of pursuing higher education where civil service does not recognise the paper????
You should have stayed on to complete your mba inside civil service before coming out... the slack environment inside is optimum for part-time studies... Your boss in private sector will not be as undestanding to let you leave on time like in civil service... Anyway, my suggestion is to really do a reputable MBA instead of a lousey 2nd grade one... If not it'll be a total waste of money really...