Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2022, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OP to #15461 here. I never said I wasn’t Oxbridge, I just didn’t think giving specifics of who I am on a public forum would make sense. If I didn’t think I had a chance e at some of the more competitive London sets or haven’t spoken to them at all, I wouldn’t have asked the question. I’ll leave it at that if you don’t mind =]

Having said all of that, I thank you for your insightful post and some of the thoughts you shared. Your tone may not have been great but I’m not silly enough to ignore the useful nuggets of info contained inside it. Very valuable and I’m grateful. I have some data points from my discussions in the UK and desktop searches but every small piece of additional information fills in a small part of the much bigger picture so don’t mind my many questions.

I can’t stress enough that I know it’s a long shot both for QC and SC but a failure to plan is a plan to fail. So the more data points and info, the better. And like I said, one can and should dream, even if critics like to throw brickbats =]

It would be absolutely splendid to have more thoughts from anyone. Including those who can give me a real sense of the odds of making SC in Singapore if I come back from a ‘very good UK school.’ It seems that there are very few appointments each year so even the best are a long shot and I’m finding it difficult to know if it is a remotely realistic aspiration at all.

If anyone knows how the recent attempts at ensuring for QC appointments works for Asians, that would be useful info as well.
Already said the minimum requirement is a Oxbridge degree. LSE and UCL is not enough…