Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Breaking the Letter Of Commitment With Recruitment Agency
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 07:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My opinion is that if you're a small fry earning less than $500K, no headhunter or recruiter can force you to pay them any penalty regardless of what you have signed.

I have never heard of anyone being brought to court for a small sum of penalty. It's simply not cost effective - the lawyers and court fees are exorbitant, not to mention the time commitment. The recruiter can spend his time more productively than to chase after you.

SCT ruling is the same, and I quote from their website:

"Orders by the SCT can be enforced in the same way as a District Court order. This means if one party does not comply with the order, you may start enforcement proceedings against them in the civil courts.

Enforcing an order does not guarantee an outcome. You should weigh the pros and cons before proceeding."

And if you aren't a small fry, you should be financially powerful enough and knowledgeable enough to fight the recruiter. In all likelihood, you still don't have to pay anything!

TLDR; recruiters won't waste time and effort chasing after you, unless they can't make better use of their time to earn money, which means they cmi and they won't win anything (including fighting you) if they cmi.
But recruiter file Small Claim Tribunal against me. What should I do?