Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2021, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
u think only mah. if u fp and meet requirement bonus is more than 3 months.
ops leave gao gao. annual leave, family leave, marriage leave, paternity leave.
take MC also no stress. someone , haha usually the clinic head will cover ur ass.
practice cert not you pay
insurance not you pay
got annual increment.
got health care worker grautity.
no downward pressure on salary. every few years got some upward revision
cme easy to fufill. sign in zoom , go sleep and volia 1 point.
some days can be quite chill.
safer during COVID. every fever cough case go red zone.
got some colleagues to talk to and interact. gp in one small room v sian de.
dunno stuff got senior to ask
want take m.med got sponsor and support.

private
feel more free la. but are u actually more free?
cases more simple and acute
can one day open clinic and chain , maybe even become CEO and later minister. also can tell people u are from monks hill proudly.
can actually be a bit nasty to nasty patient. they can't feedback. haha. I really like this a lot.omg the **** ass patients we have to still smile to in ops.
dun have to deal with multiple by the way problems like this mole, that ache, this itch , my eyes blur , my anus leaky sort of stuff. sure tell me..every problem will cost u money.
Agree with all your OPS points.

Pte cases more simple and acute not always true. But complicated sometimes patient say cannot afford investigations and treatment have to refer to OPS then OPS say you F up dr.
Open clinic and chain become CEO and minister is back in 80s and 90s only
Nasty to patient my foot. You want to get fired? And if own clinic you lose biz and rep
No way man. Kowtow to patients even more than in OPS where at least you follow guidelines someone can still support you. In pte follow guidelines or follow patient ICE?
Multuple problems? In pte chin chueh! Oh by the way hor....this and that. Cost patient money? Nah. They at dispensing will say har this one for what? How much? Ok I dowan. This one? I skip la. Then your clinic staff say dr charge long consult fee they say why so expensive? Just talking only what. Why is there even consult fee at all? Just talking onli.

Obvious you are not a pte GP.

But I agree with you. Stick to OPS. Things have changed now got career path for FMed. Very lucrative.

Pte GP you really got to put on the charm and bend over backwards do what pt likes etc.
Do clinic still have those "special concoctions"? Like for cough got phensedyl 40% bromhexine 40% prednisone 20%?