Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2021, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
private life where got good.
work day in and out , weekend burnt , 3 evening a week burnt salary don't match a polyclinic m.medder lei. dun bring in profit as anchor, out you go.
as gdfm supply increase , their wage suppressed some more. 13k become 12k become 11 k.
your polyclinic doctor at least match inflation. every few years one pay revision jump 10 to 15 percent. now then then promote also increase 5 to 10 percent. become senior enough u see slowly also no one dare scold u becuase clinic head could have been your trainee.
Can someone shed light to how much m.medder get paid in ops? I have heard people being offered 14-15k for 55hr contracts in private (reliable source as it comes from my friend who recently left fm residency); not sure how long it takes for a person with mmed to earn that in ops? I also understand that smaller gps tend to pay more than large chain groups.

I am currently fm resident looking to leave after residency as I am fed up with all the admin stuff/qip etc. I am happy to work evening, weekends or even night shifts as long as I am paid well given that I am still single, young and little other commitments in life. (In fact I am looking at the possibility of locuming in Ed night shift on top of my daily gp work)
My understanding from my seniors is that ops Drs in mmed eventually earns more than private salaried gp (unless you do asthestics) but it may take some time. However I understand that the higher you go in ops, the more admin crap you have to do, and in general I feel the pt profile in private more straight forward (a lot of work permits/driving licence renewal, health screening, and now covid tests for travel lol)

Would any ops seniors kindly shed light on the pay structure and progression for mmeders in ops?