Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Engineering Land Systems
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2021, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Especially these 3. Personal experiences while interviewing ST people.

-Believes jobs are completed because of who they are & not what they do >> yes, some PMs love to claim credit for just opening mouths and being mail man.
"I have n years of experience, I know what to do, you don't have to teach me."

-Lacks a productivity driven objective, heck, do they even have an objective? Yes, projects can delay for unimaginable duration.
Can tell me what he did but doesn't know why he did it. He just did it because he does not want to be the 'smart alec' (sic) to change things.

-Thinks that the paper qualification and not meeting objectives is the destination to creating value >> Yes, only first class honours background or scholars get promoted very quickly.
Kept harping on this funny idea that his promotions in our company if he is hired is tied to his paper qualification only. When I asked about upgrading, he thought must do masters. I was actually referring to professional certificates relevant to the role.
This one must be never work in ST before. Here your paper qualification is what will help you promote. And also your politics skills. Not how much you do or how well you perform.