Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - DSTA (under Mindef)
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I didn't serve, in fact, I signed on for a few years but when I left to join the public sector, HR don't recognise my years in the force. So it is not about females signing on so to enjoy same benefits, it is whether government want to recognise females serving. If you think that NS will let you lose out to your female counterparts, don't bother to join public service, just go private because you don't need those benefits.

Public sector compensated you and you kp, never compensate you also kp. Go change sex la. Lol
You are confusing NS conscript vs own’s decision to sign on. Males can also choose to sign on like you and if they left to join public sector, HR may not also recognise the males’ years in the force. The reason is because the years of sign-on in the force is not relevant experience to the job in public sector and not because HR deliberately ignore years in the force simply because you are female.

For NS conscript, males are required by LAW to serve about 2 years. Females are not. If females want equality then they should approach their MPs to ask parliament to make it a law for NS conscript for females.