Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 09:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In recent hiring, I was told company intentionally excluded those past employee who left (for their own justifiable personal reason). Do you think company is exercising a fair employment practice?

I heard this was communicated to all and I felt this is purely THREATENING folks to prevent brain drain only. This is in addition to other layoff exercise (do google to understand more context).

You guys think about it. Exercise your judgement and do your research. I am not in any position to said this is a good company or bad company to work. After all, we are here to earn money. But think about this: One person complain maybe it is not representative. But different department folks and so many people complaining? What does this tell you?

In the old days, this company pay you pretty well (I felt) for the workload. But now, those still remain in the company are likely unable to get similar package at their age or waiting for retrenchment package (if this ever happen).

Just sharing my view only.
Especially true on the last paragraph. Either get stuck and cannot get similar package elsewhere or waiting to be retrenched.