Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I am curious in terms of the net worth amount when you claimed to be "very successful"?

I don't own a European car and stayed in HDB. We are in our early 50's have a net worth of $3.8M.

Am thinking to retire when hit $6M networth of including a $600K HDB flat target by 54yrs. Current debt is only the HDB loan $27K. What sustain the passive income would be from the CPF,investment and private annuity aiming to be at least $100K/yr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My spouse and I are in our early fifties and have worked long hours all our lives. We are very successful as we own a luxury condominium unit and a European luxury car which are both fully paid up. We have zero debt.

However with all this success we are wondering why we are working so hard. So we will retire in a few years time after collecting our CPF. We also plan to monetise our property by selling it away and keeping cash in our bank accounts. We will have a few hundred thousands to spend in our retirement until the time we get our CPF Life.

Life is short. It’s time to retire. I suppose retiring at 55 or 56 years old is not a big deal at all in Singapore as there are corporate high flyers in this group who retired in their forties.