Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
imo, its a combination of the above factors. also to generalize a bit, the younger generation places work life balance higher up on their list of priorities. my observation is that it used to be people knew what they wanted when they come b4, go through the grindhouse use it as a stepping stone or whatever reason they want. nowadays it seems like they are here just because they dont know what to do and just know that coming big4 wont go wrong.
of course work life balance is important. nobody regrets not working harder for the company on their death bed. i always do the bare minimum at big 4 and still managed to last until senior. fake it till you make it. i strongly advise everyone to do the bare minimum so that the greedy bastard partners will know that they have to hire more people instead of asking 1 person to tank 2-3 person workload

i always laugh at my colleagues who OT until 3am and sacrificed their weekends for the company while i refuse to work on weekends. my rating is ok cause i know how to fake it