Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sometimes i trust the patient more. some of the malaysia /india / pinoy RP really not very good la. They see 45 patients a day and then zhao at 430pm but really anyhow one.
Even local baby MO cannot fully trust. A while back , one of the clinic head commented that a baby Pgy2 MO in his clinic is very good, can see 65 patient a day. I replied thats not good lei, thats worrisome. then he realized the folly of his thinking and shut up.
You are hard to please. Probably think of yourself very highly best dr at OPS best HOD.
The OPS game is to meet the KPI for volume of patients. Clear the crowd more than contribute to crowd bottle neck. Patient in patient out faster than slower while staying out of trouble. No complaints. No medicolegal issues. If good get some complimentary letters.
As you should know information discrepancy very common. Patients dunno what is good medicine vs good PR skills butter up auntie uncle.

I have never heard of OPS dr get bonus cos he or she got the highest % of patients with HBA1c <7 or BP on target.

Case in point in the general pool, patients dont see back the SAME dr. Not allowed to choose even if they wanted. If want must go FP clinic pay more.
So as an MO in OPS you want that A grade play the game. And do some projects for the OPS. Research project etc.

Your ideals are well meaning and good. But the pragmatic reality is it doesnt pay lah.

Spending time and effort to counsel lifestyle mod? Dont waste time lah. Thankless work. And kena many many ignorant patient say and say till vomit blood nobody appreciates really.