Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Engineer Pay
Thread: Engineer Pay
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 02:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am the guy with the 6K basic pay. If need to wait until 8 - 10 years might as well buy HDB resale since already (or near) 35 years old. I mentioned condo because not eligible for single HDB in my 20s.
OP here, also, resale hdb is cheaper only based on estates and to renovate a whole unit will likely cost you a bomb. You can googled on qanvast to take a look. I would suggest you research on which area you potentially wants to move, look at both resale condo and new launch prices and decide on your budget (e.g. 900k) and how big you want your condo to be. With your budget, calculate how much is the 25% (5% must be cash) + BSD + lawyer fee you need to fork out. Draw out a monthly saving plan (must really set your mind to save). You will then be able to do some math to decide based on your saving plans + cumulative CPF contributions, roughly at which year you can save that 25% + BSD. Definitely, if u want to get it faster, you have to save more.

Nearer to that x year, starting looking out at the market to see if there is any new launch that is worth buying. New launch will be cheaper and sure save alot of your reno fee just that u have to wait till it's completion. Who knows maybe you lucky able to spot something you like and is less than your budget hence your savings on hand for sure is enough.

Another is to look at resale condo that TOP 1- 2 years back, the condition likely is still good and also can save your reno fee.