Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - PSA Undergraduate Scholarship (Engineering Track)
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2021, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

if you are good no.

I was offered DSTA scholarship before because I had an offer for HYPMS/Oxbridge, but didn't take it up because of father mother scholarship, thought I would want to work in big tech.

I ended up not working in big tech, but went into investment banking then PE. 4 years in pulling around S$500k per year as my team is doing well. Not a brag, this is not the norm, (and there are others who earn even more) but even if you are in the industry, it would be easily S$300-400k. If you think it is crazy, go to wallstreetoasis.com and look at how much finance is paying, or levels.fyi or teamblind to see what tech industry is paying. Trying to see which ministry pays $500/mth more for fresh grad, or looks more prestigious than other ministries, is a real distraction.

At your level in JC - scholarships and ministries are very fast to market you what is the way to 'success'. You just haven't seen what other companies can pay you, because they only start recruiting you after you start uni. If you sign on scholarship, it is too late.

Even if you choose to take the scholarship, don't do your internships with the ministries in summer. go outside and do internships with amazon, meta etc. If you want to jump, you know your market rate, then just jump.