Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2021, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes. it's true you will compound wealth more slowly overseas for a comparable job. but you aren't there because you want to compound wealth, but you want to get ahead on the CV game so you can get a better role when you come back, instead of fighting like rats in B4.

one way to think about living expenses. it is natural to spend more (even lifestyle wise) when you are overseas. do you not spend more when you are travelling? working overseas for a long time is less extreme, but still shares some of that principle. it's easier to just go eat something nice instead of lowballing yourself with a cold sandwich on clearance sale in the downstairs sandwich shop. you didnt go to london to torture yourself.

one thing i ask myself is whether the extra $ i save is going with me into my coffin or not. if not, you can just spend it. if you need it desperately to afford your downpayment then no.

as long as you arent in extreme poverty, it's a fairly paid shot to accumulate CV points. later on, can redeem at a profit over people who don't invest in their careers now.

it's like hearing finance interns comparing whose internship pays $300 versus $600 versus $1.5k. answer is it doesnt matter as long as the cv names look good and the guy lands the $10k starting pay IB job with 9 months bonus.
Who said anything about coming back? Big angmoh paycheck and big angmoh dick in London.

You can keep your sh*tty little Ang Mo Kio Ave whatever flat, garbage name and not even real. I'm having prosecco in Battersea, in a real f*cking house. Only uni kids still have £5 meal deals for lunch from Sainsbury's.