Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MAS for Mid Career Professionals
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2021, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It really depends cause this is all about boss style and staff style.

Some staff don't dare to ask cause Asian culture is don't want to appear hard-up for promo or scared boss shoot back "what about your work output deserves promotion?"

Some boss don't want to say cause they scared something might go wrong once the promotion approval goes through the levels of bureaucracy , so they don't want to give you hope unnecessarily just incase.

The bigger problem is alot of people are expecting promotion to be given on a platter nowdays. What happen to the days of actually getting promoted cause you really delivered output and hence are getting rewarded. Nowdays is I join this year, can get promoted next year or not? Don't understand.the mindset.

it depends on the age and experience/skillset. I have worked in other stat boards such as DSTA, IDA (now known as GovTech) etc for 17 years. i joined MAS last year as AD only. HR give me the reason because my team lead was AD that time when i joined. I cannot join as DD, and report to AD. Now my team lead become DD. Hence I hoped i can become DD soon.