Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2021, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone. Wow seeing everyone's networth here is really demoralizing lol..

I'm a 26 male and just graduated, and will be entering a job that pays me around $5000 per month, starting December. Sadly, after paying off my school fees and other obligations, I'll be left with close to $0 in my savings, but with no debt.

​My obligations are around $3900 for whole-life insurance per year, and $200 per month in an Investment-Linked Plan. Unfortunately I have nothing in investments currently; it's one of the reasons why I have close to $0 in my savings, lost around $30,000 total screwing around with speculative plays and leverage trading crypto awhile back. Burned and a little scarred from investing/trading. Sigh.

I also have a house (BTO) coming in around 4 years with my partner, costing around around $450,000. In the meantime, I am living with my parents.

​Does anyone have tips on how to go about "adulting"? Or rather, where should I go from here? The only thing I can think of is having a first aim of looking towards saving up or having a networth of $100,000 by 30, and hopefully retire by 50? But I think I'm being overly optimistic here.. Any advice would be great!
Don't take all the posts here at face value. Many started off in the same situation as you with a loan to pay.

To achieve your objective, save up and don't get into investing yet if you are unsure.

It seems too easy to make money through investment via hyped up instrument. Many will talk about their gains but not losses. Those who made losses will probably keep quiet.