Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Whats your net worth
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2021, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy

Hello everyone. Wow seeing everyone's networth here is really demoralizing lol..

I'm a 26 male and just graduated, and will be entering a job that pays me around $5000 per month, starting December. Sadly, after paying off my school fees and other obligations, I'll be left with close to $0 in my savings, but with no debt.

​My obligations are around $3900 for whole-life insurance per year, and $200 per month in an Investment-Linked Plan. Unfortunately I have nothing in investments currently; it's one of the reasons why I have close to $0 in my savings, lost around $30,000 total screwing around with speculative plays and leverage trading crypto awhile back. Burned and a little scarred from investing/trading. Sigh.

I also have a house (BTO) coming in around 4 years with my partner, costing around around $450,000. In the meantime, I am living with my parents.

​Does anyone have tips on how to go about "adulting"? Or rather, where should I go from here? The only thing I can think of is having a first aim of looking towards saving up or having a networth of $100,000 by 30, and hopefully retire by 50? But I think I'm being overly optimistic here.. Any advice would be great!