Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2021, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Good morning everyone, I am a young lawyer. Not in Big 4 but decent place doing litigation for a decent boss. Graduated with 2nd Upper. The hours are challenging so far but I accept this is par for the course and will only get worse. That is fine. I know this come with the territory.

I'm very passionate about litigation and I know this is idealistic but I am certain that litigation is it for me and what I want to do in the long term. While money is important, it is less a concern for me than experience and the purpose behind the work. Would it make sense to apply to go legal service to be a DPP? Does anyone know if it will give me a lot of litigation experience? I know there are quite a few SCs in the Legal Service and I wonder if we would get exposure to some of them if we joined the Legal Service. Goes without saying that I would love to eventually be SC but I also know that this may be a pipe dream. But one can hope.

Would it make sense joining legal service or would staying in private practice be the way to go to develop as a litigator? If so, should I try to move to a big firm to get exposure to SCs so that I can develop as a litigator further? Would be thankful for some frank thoughts.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app