Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 24-11-2021, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Good morning everyone, I am a young lawyer. Not in Big 4 but decent place doing litigation for a decent boss. Graduated with 2nd Upper. The hours are challenging so far but I accept this is par for the course and will only get worse. That is fine. I know this come with the territory.

I'm very passionate about litigation and I know this is idealistic but I am certain that litigation is it for me and what I want to do in the long term. While money is important, it is less a concern for me than experience and the purpose behind the work. Would it make sense to apply to go legal service to be a DPP? Does anyone know if it will give me a lot of litigation experience? I know there are quite a few SCs in the Legal Service and I wonder if we would get exposure to some of them if we joined the Legal Service. Goes without saying that I would love to eventually be SC but I also know that this may be a pipe dream. But one can hope.

Would it make sense joining legal service or would staying in private practice be the way to go to develop as a litigator? If so, should I try to move to a big firm to get exposure to SCs so that I can develop as a litigator further? Would be thankful for some frank thoughts.