Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Ex-MOE Teachers
Thread: Ex-MOE Teachers
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2021, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Lost

Read thru the thread and realised everyone is different with different aspirations. There are some who left the teaching industry and want to return, and there are some who left and happier elsewhere. Seems like as humans, it is hard to find something that really satisfies us?

Anyway, I was an UT for a short period, left because I was very overwhelmed. Now, I am thinking that it may be because I did not manage my expectations of myself well. (Am a perfectionist, sees things in black and white - which is not helpful for any industry at all) But I still enjoy certain aspects of teaching and some of the mundane tasks like keying in marks, writing progress reports etc. I worked from 7am - 6pm, 8/9pm - 11pm/12am on weekdays, and at least 4-8 hours on one weekend too - hence felt terribly overworked (could be that I wanted to do too many things well lolol, and bad at time management too).

Hence, wanna ask fellow ex-moe teachers, is there a possibility that with experience, the working hours will be better? I am ok to work 7am - 6pm but I do wish that when I return home, I can spend time home with my kids in peace. Spending a few hours during 1 weekend to prepare is fine too! How were your working hours experience and did it get better? And how did you manage difficult behaviours? I felt useless/helpless when I wanted to help them but they kept disrupting the class and I felt like I barely taught anything in my 2 periods lesson etc.

I am considering to apply back because it is still something I can see myself doing in the LT if I dont put so much pressure on myself. My degree is in the finance sector. Also, do u know if I can still get an entry level finance job (any idea what I can consider?) despite graduating for 6 years?