Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Millionaire Member

Wiseman1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
but private property agents really make that type of figures. ranging from 80k to 100k per month.

i was at far east org. basic was poor. only about 3.2k. but sales target was every 3 mths one condo sales. Not difficult. I mean, every 2 weeks I can sell about 1 unit. commission was not very good though - 1k for one unit. so one mth only about 5-7k. but well, that was in year 2007.

I have moved on to another private organisation and currently in middle management. front line sales can earn higher, but after some time, it's no longer just the sales figures that attract me.

just ask around. Propnex and ERA agents who are focusing on public housing make about 5-10k during 2006-2010 period. not all, but it's pretty common.

of course, at the current climate where the future is unstable, things might not follow suit next year. but we'll see cuz in year 2009, we thought the sales would be dwindling but instead, it continued to roar.

However, my personal take is, based on URA stats and gradient curve, we may be reaching a stagnant stage next year onwards.

Back to the pay wise, why are people resistant to the money that property agents (private) was making? Is it because you need to see it in order to believe it? Or we must really put in a nick and post our pay in order to convince people. I tell you... when you are making 60k, would you be posting this online to let everyone to see? No.. .you will be busy networking with friends and embarking on businesses and cocktail parties in order to earn more.

Because, after some time in wine parties, you will see REALLY rich people around, who are talking about estates and stuff like that, which will make us look like peanuts. Please take this into perspective because I'm not looking down at anyone here. Just that, when you are mingling with really rich people who buy porsche cars like changing clothes, and bentleys as such, you will feel that you want to drop the glass and go home.... or maybe go coffeeshops where people are earning 1.5k or 3k. It will make us feel good, but then again, in that setting, you will want to think on how to compete and also.. change bentleys just like these guys.

Just for discussion sake. The first time I went to a party, and spoke to a Indo mine owner, who owns a bentley that costs about 1 mil. I asked him jokingly: "Your bentley, did you rent it and drove here?" While his friends laughed, this boss used his finger and poked my chest, saying, "I paid by cash. My bunglow I also paid by cash. I got another 2 ferraris also paid by cash. My current office space in Suntec also paid by cash. If you don't know anything, go back and drink your beer." So i turned back and afterwards gana scolded by my team leader. Everything was a culture shock. But after hard work and I must say, nice timing, I am quite comfortable and while I still cannot, and will never match the mine owner, I will continue to try on how to excel in the money-making industry.

Just for sharing. But at the end of the day, there are really alot of people who are making tons of money out there... just as I know there are many people in need of Comcare and help. And I'm sure there are also people making alot of money posting here as they are well... find it funny that there are people here that thought everyone who posts here are wannababes, or simply nothing to do. After all, the recurring and passive income covers the bread and butter and living lifestyle and after much partying, drinking, travels... there's only so much in life to look forward to.

To the ultra rich here: The best thing is always to share back to the society. Afterall, there's only so much money and fame can bring us, i think.
Two things for you to be conscious of:
(1) All these ultra rich folks, quite a big proportion are engaged in illegal business activities and money laundering, if they are business owners of big listed companies, then yes they are truly wealthy, but if they tell you they own proprietary businesses in less developed third world countries, then it is highly likely their monies come from dubious sources, so there is no need for you to feel inferior to them or look up to them. What's there to be proud of being involved in criminal activities??These guys are going to get into trouble in a matter of time.
(2) I dont think anyone here ever doubt the kind of monies that property agents are making, you do the math and you would know it is quite reasonable for most agents to make just under 10K per month, given the high volume of property transactions in the past couple of years. What needs to be highlighted is that the 10k income is before deducting overhead costs such as advertising fees, agency membership fees, property database subscription fess as well as huge mobile phone bills. Plus there are no employer CPF contributions, medical/insurance benefits and paid vacation/leave benefits. So the entire package is not as good as it sounds....

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app