Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Ex-MOE Teachers
Thread: Ex-MOE Teachers
View Single Post
Old 19-11-2021, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

This job teaches me how nasty human being can be. As a student, I had classmates who were snakes and fabricated things to get me into trouble and the teacher sided them without asking me. Years later, I became a teacher having met inspiring ones later in my student life. The same peers I struggled with, now I have colleagues like that.

People will stop at nothing to make you look bad and smear your character. Usually the ones who get it are the convenient targets who are more opinionated and willing to speak up against nonsensical policies and directions. It all starts from the ranking system. This would be the bunch who will be sacrificed conveniently at the ranking exercise.

There are teachers in good books who make mistakes but are still well liked by the management. The scapegoats will be sacrificed to protect the ones whom are deemed of value to the organisation because they wayang enough and are always embracing whatever management says. If you can angkat enough, you are safe.

I guess it is the same for a lot of workplaces but there are workplaces which doesn’t follow such a culture. Not saying being cynical is right, but being honest in your opinion will get you into trouble. Thw consequence of even a C-, much less a D and so on, is too punitive. One’s career takes a hit once you fall into C- and below. Even a C hardly will carry you far. If you want to climb, minimally i think a C+ is necessary.