Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Unregistered

Just curious. Does your CPF interest includes CPFLife?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi people, it has been quite a few years since I visited this forum. Think my very last post / message here was in 2014?

This forum started (in 2010 / 11?) with with the intent to have healthy sharing of salaries in different industries across different age groups. It started off quite well with genuine info sharing but as with all things anonymous, the postings / sharing quickly degenerated into a sham. Sad but not surprising.

Anyhow, I am now a senior (meaning above 60) and what we seniors discuss and compare are not just our salaries (for those of still working) but our passive income. While building up sufficient net-worth is important in preparing for retirement, the cashflow is equally if not more important in retirement.

Retirees typically drawdown on their savings but there is a superior way, and that is through acquiring assets that generate passive cashflow.

So when we seniors meet, we discuss and compare notes on the various assets and instruments that can generate good and robust cashflow and yet not too exposed to the vagaries of the market.

For most of us around 60+ years old, our passive income ranges from $150,000 to $250,000 yearly. Ours is close to $200,000 a year (combined for spouse and I). Our cashflow generators are:

Dividends from equities : $67,000
Rental income : $36,000
Interest from CPF : $93,000

Not quite yet $200,000, but working towards it and hope to achieve it next year.