Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 23-10-2021, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think there’s a difference, albeit small, between being abusive (emotionally and physically) vs being pressurised under extremely tight timelines.

To counter your anecdotal testimony with my own, I am from a b4 and although when there are tight timelines, people do get stressed and raises their voices, no one actually spews derogatory or degrading comments and insults. Everything was professional.

I think gradually, juniors and mid level lawyers will begin to appreciate the changing times. It’s the wage slave mentality that seems to be more worrisome; so that ppl are ok with oppression and the stark disparity between what employers hold in power and the employees.

Pray to the audience of this forum who are in the industry to evaluate the structure objectively, and if you still subscribe to the mentality where you are at mercy of the employer simply because they are your pay master then more power to you.

Otherwise, be the change you want to see
agree that people need to be the change instead of expecting that others will care. but to do that people need to first stay in practice. so, imho, boys and girls, we're all different, no point destroying your soul and body for a couple of bucks in the early years just to burn out before you can even start making change (SA/partnership). but from what I see, junior partnership sometimes brings out the nastier side of people. is it necessary? difficult targets? i don't know, not at that stage yet.

Also, for those reading, hope you don't get the impression that we're all just a bunch of high-strung intense types. They don't speak for the rest! lol.