Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Getting MBA worth?
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2021, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, i am the poster who asked since i am currently studying an MBA from SMU.

Couldn't get into the older institutions for their MBA or even Masters programmes because my GMAT score was lousy.

But imo, as long as your MBA is accredited and is recognized globally, it is definitely worth the money.

Part time MBAs also have their own charm, especially if you are unable to pay for the fees at Harvard/Insead and cannot afford a sabbatical.
I studied executive MBA for 2 years while working full time paying my own school fees. If you studied part time MBA before, you will sure know that it is even tougher because you need to balance both work and school. When i took up the programme. Everyday i bring 2 laptop to work, one office and one for my mba and i multitask every day for 2 years. After that evening i go lessons, for those days i dont have lessons, i will be doing my assignments after dinner all the way till 2am. Both my weekends are burnt too. Not to mention i still need to complete my master's thesis to graduate. Today, when i see someone willingly to study part time will working, regardless which academic level, i really salute them because they have that determination that not everyone has.