Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2021, 08:30 PM

JAYJBL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont worry abt the mohh bond. Can be waived. just need ur dean office to write a letter.

Many years ago i thought of quiting as well. So i sent an email to my assistant dean student affair. She immediately organised a meeting with me. I wanted to do history. But she was very nice and referred me to a practising senior clinician. I didn’t quit in the end. And now just passed my exit exams.

I think u need to ask yourself what is your interest. Are u a people person. Year 2 pathology and year 1 physiology very different from real life doctoring . But do approach ur students affair assistant dean.

Do explore cs1010 if you wanna do computing.

I would like to thank prof marie veronique and nus yllsom for the support years ago.

I wish you happiness but really do approach ur students affairs.
Thank you so much for your kind response.

Do you need certain legitimate reasons for the dean's office to be willing to write a letter to waive the MOHH bond? I emailed MOHH, and taking reference from a student who left 2 years ago in AY2019 after only one semester, the liquidated damages was about 41k SGD. Not sure if it was waived though.

I did well for A levels, was a medic during NS days, applying to medical school seemed natural. But now after 2 months in, beginning to realise that I might not be a people person after all. Going on GP clinic and hospital attachments, as well as studying about diseases made me realise that this might not be suited for me as a career, even though I thought it was initially.

Glad to hear that you were able to overcome your struggles with prof marie. I will be talking to her tomorrow. The path forward still seems very unclear now, and I hope I can make sense of it all.

Thank you for the suggestion to try out CS1010, I will give it a go.