Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2021, 07:00 PM

JAYJBL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dont worry abt the mohh bond. Can be waived. just need ur dean office to write a letter.

Many years ago i thought of quiting as well. So i sent an email to my assistant dean student affair. She immediately organised a meeting with me. I wanted to do history. But she was very nice and referred me to a practising senior clinician. I didn’t quit in the end. And now just passed my exit exams.

I think u need to ask yourself what is your interest. Are u a people person. Year 2 pathology and year 1 physiology very different from real life doctoring . But do approach ur students affair assistant dean.

Do explore cs1010 if you wanna do computing.

I would like to thank prof marie veronique and nus yllsom for the support years ago.

I wish you happiness but really do approach ur students affairs.
What reasons are deemed legitimate for the MOHH bond to be waived? I did email MOHH with regards to the liquidated damages. They told me the liquidated damages for a student dropping out after first semester would be around 40k sgd (taking reference from a student who dropped out in AY2019, 2 years ago after semester 1 as well).

Thank you for your kind advice and well wishes. Glad to hear u were able to overcome your struggle back when you were in school. I will be speaking to Prof Marie tomorrow and I hope the right path forward will become clearer. I will also explore other options like CS in the meantime to see if it really is something suited for me and worth dropping out for.