Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Chinese backed tech company WLB in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2021, 11:59 AM
Verified Member

theRealHentie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You will learn a lot more especially in bytedance and there will be a lot more opportunities in the future. It is not about the pay per hour. There are limited things that you can learn by yourself like scaling the massive and complex system from ground up. 5 years down the road, the guy from bytedance will earn a lot more than someone from DBS seed because of their expertise.

Anw i think you have a slim chance to get bytedance offer. There are so many applicants that even if you are good, chances are still low. I know quite a lot of NUS first class honours and dean listers get rejected from bytedance.
I don't think the question is whether we can get the offer or not, we know nothing about each other but I mean you are free to make the assumptions you want.
The point of the post was to ask about WLB, because the bytedance recruiters have been bombing me with linkedin mesaages and emails, even sent me a PDF that documents how their WLB doesn't suck, which is quite the opposite from what everyone has been saying.

Anyway, I do know many people who work in big tech like atlassian and google, but I don't think grad and junior swe gets to scale at all. If Bytedance provides this opportunity then good for them.