Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Any success stories of people switching from Government jobs to Private Sector?
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So what if through connections? Ask so much means you don't have. Don't waste time la. can make it can make it, cannot make it cannot make it. hahaha
Actually no.

I'm in BB IB, making a similar amount pre bonus at VP lvl, but lifestyle sucks and career lifespan isn't fantastic. In the past, where bonus was a year or more, I can see half a million or so, but this year, with so much pressure on bonuses (this yr, any bonus at all would be a pleasant surprise), and with a couple of rounds of retrenchment already, am wondering if its worth the grind.

Have been trying to get into PE for some time (slightly better lifestyle, similar money but much more fulfilling work), but have found it tough without the appropriate connections. Most of the people I know have either gone in direct post MBA or as a fresh grad or via connections.

This is the first time I've ever heard of a mid career entry via the military (Especially as a rank and file cpt - if a LTC by 30 or BG by 35, ok, then I see maybe they are hiring as an exceptional talent), and was wondering if there is an additional angle which I have missed and I can try.