Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2021, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I won't comment on the rest because I cbf. Just on the salary point, if you were inclined to actually be reasonable in your analysis and compare apple to apples - comparing BMWL starting salary to MC starting rates is not a reasonable comparison, because MC starting is for NQs on the UK scale (i.e. 2 years of training + LPC, the total could be close to 3 years past your law sku graduation). Accounting for this difference is something the firms themselves do - if you are a 2 PQE in a SG firm and you move to a MC, you will be taken as a NQ and paid accordingly.

So, if you want to compare properly:

(A) To begin with, BMWL starting of 8.5k now (yes, it's 8.5k) is higher than what u will get as a MC trainee.

(B) For assoc salary, you should be looking at BMWL 2 - 3 PQE salaries and comparing that to the MC starting salary. At that point, BMWL is close to the 12-13k mark you gave. The same goes for B4 (which definitely pays less than BMWL), but the point is if you compare at the 2-3 PQE mark, the difference is not as great as you think (but yes, there is definitely still a difference).

Don't get fooled by a big wall of text - idiots usually talk the most.
agree with the analysis. so bmwl nq pay got raised again? it was said to be 8k just a few pages ago.