Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - is hospital salary low for fresh poly grad
View Single Post
Old 30-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloursquare View Post
hi,

I just grad from poly this year. I got a offer to go monash university to study however i do not have the money to go. hence, i decided to look for a job.

I am drawing a starting salary of $1700 with no night shift allowance. from what i heard from my friend is that it is quite low for healthcare sector.

On the other hand, i would like to take up part time studies. but i need to do night shift =( how???

What do you guys think? Is the pay very low???

if i want work for 1.5 years to gain working experience and i want to job hop. how much salary can i ask for with 1.5 yrs working experience???
You do not have much choice if this is the best (or only) offer you got after months of searching.

Work hard and aim for good increments (10% is generally considered good). When hopping to the next job, ask for 15% to 20% more than your last drawn salary. Be careful when comparing salary packages - always include all the cash for the entire year, i.e. add up all the base pay, bonuses and cash perks such as transport / meal / spectacle allowances.