Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Breaking the Letter Of Commitment With Recruitment Agency
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a similar situation.. I signed an agreement service with the employment agency and another contract with my company. 4 days into the job,I wanted to resign because there was no training provided,even when they specifically said that they will provide training for those with no experience. Basically, the "training" is that I do what I can and if I had any problems,I ask someone. That really bothers me because I am dealing with biohazard materials which should not be taken lightly. My company stated that I need to give 2 weeks notice if I want to resign,but the agency requires me to work for 3 months or else I have to pay a month's salary. I talked to the recruiter and he said that the training is actually subjective to the supervisor,therefore cannot be a reason for my resignation. I have to work for 3 months or else I have to pay. I go to work anxious because I was not shown the proper way to perform my job and basically I'm winging it everyday. Is there a way out of the agreement service with the agency? Any advise is helpful. Thank you.
You cant expect the job description to be entirely true. They can anyhow put but during job, different story, such as doing a different job which is not mention in job description or like your case, no training provided. Never expect the the work to be exactly as what is mentioned in description. I can see two options for you.

First, you just do what you can, slowly learn and keep asking someone questions on your work procedures and endure for 3 months or pay that 1 month salary and leave.

Is that a sme or mnc company?