Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If what you say is true, then they are simply kicking the can down the road. You said "the costs of not doing so are horrendous", but I will counter that the costs of not taking a firm action now is much more horrendous in future.

All I can say is that I'm disappointed. I hope the bubble bursts before the next GE, and we can vote in WP as new government to clean up the mess. Whether WP will become another Obama (who is facing difficulties because he inherited the hard problems from the Bush administration), we'll wait and see.
My friend, what I have said are facts, of course they are true....the government cant afford to fix the problem now.....doing so would definitely earn them tons of badwill and failure at the next GE.

Remember.....these all started when the present government headed by Mr Lee hsien Loong decided to "create a playground for the rich" out of this tiny city state afew years back....so we see everything from housing prices and cost of living jacked up relentlessly over the past few years by rapid influx of rich foreigners......yes, some rich Singaporeans have become even richer and happier through en-bloc sales etc....but the majority are paying the price for afew lucky ones