Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 24-09-2021, 08:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I left more than 6 months ago and joined a MNC recommended by a friend with a lot of help from him and guidance. When i joined the MNC, I had a big culture shock. In mnc, you really have to do work and they really follow up. Every project is about cost and output so you don't have redundant projects hanging around doing nothing. The discipline is hard and i always have to catch up on my skills. I felt like a fresh grad out of ST with no skills that can be used. I didn't get confirmed during my 3rd month probation because i really can't catch up. But i finally got confirmed by my 6th month after putting in a lot of effort. The pros are i now i get real industry sought skills, worldwide exposure, opportunities to get professional certifications. The cons are, you really have to catch up. The pace is very different. But i have no regrets leaving.
Congrats! I left many years back after several months in STE after joining when I got retrenched in an MNC. I. Can't stand the culture in it, the company just breeds laziness and everyone as though so laid back was waiting for someone to do their job. Everytime I tried to push for things to work, they ask why I so 'ON'. When customers don't accept some things they ask customer to close one eye. When i suggest improvements I get the same answer, it is like that here, must learn to accept. Can't stand it and left the moment I found another job in another MNC.