Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2021, 08:35 AM
Ex Teacher

Default Sincerely Seeking Advice

Started career as a full time MOE teacher. More than 10 years experience. Thought grass was greener on the other side and joined private sector for a good 5 years. Didn't quite work out and returned to teaching as a flexi adjunct role since 2016. Enjoy teaching but not as stable as full time role. Teacher manpower needs changes means I am in my 6th school as FAJT. Always remaining positive since age is close to 50 liao. No career progression and no bonus at all in my current scheme. But at least some income plus CPF. Some ask why not return to full time? Likely not since my age is against me and I don't want the disappointment of applying and getting rejected. Stay status quo and just enjoy the interaction with students and share my knowledge and experience in education with them to those who appreciate it. Reading some of your comments who are progressing well in teaching and slated to be future SLs makes me ponder what could have been if I stayed on all these years without venturing to private sector. Things might have been different