Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Jumping from Stat Board into Private Sector (IT degrees)
View Single Post
Old 21-09-2021, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by _bluehavens View Post
Wasn't really looking for a big pay jump, it's just that from what I see on these forums, seems like people are recommending jumping to private and easily getting a 10-15% pay increase...

I was more interested in banks (due to more established work-life balance than Big 4) and also I thought I'll learn much more tech skills than in my current SB job. Plus I thought banks would be able to at least match my 5K+ expectation with good pay progression

And Thanks for the advice!!
I can tell you one thing, DBS will definitely match it. Hell, even fresh grads are getting 5k from the SEED program, friend of mine is in it right now and he can't even do basic OOP lol

Anyway, you're already a junior SWE, you can get more for sure... just need to match YOE expectations ( 2 - 3 ) minimum. I suggest front / back-end. Don't go devops or web framework roles... unless you're really into those.

Also you're right, WLB is good. So far I've not heard of DBS tech people OTing like the ones in Shopee or Grab and those AI tech and other BS companies.