Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2021, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Healthcare you dealing on frontline with people who are unhappy. Sick. In pain. Suffering. It is not a happy place to work. Many frustrated customers who have unrealistic expectations.

Think of it as working in the department of bank that deals only with people who have lost money on stock market. Lost their jobs. Lost income. Bankrupt. And you have to help them restructure their debts and help them financially meanwhile they dont want to pay anything either.

Like previous poster wrote you can help people in other ways. Healthcare is largely a thankless industry
understand that its facing people who r unhappy because of their health conditions.. actually thats one point that is making me hesitant about doing it. its the point about me being averse to associate myself with being ill or illness. but being unable to help / having no skills also feels bad. i think theres an emotional toll that comes w it.

lol anyway about that dept.. i dun think there's such a dept in a bank to 'help'.. haha it's a bank.. its about money, not about people. there will b a dept that keeps calling u to ask u to pay back the money. in this case, there is an external agency that helps with debt restructuring