Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2021, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just seeking advice on whether I should stay in current school or move on.
Being in the current school for 3 years as SH and will take on HOD-ship next year, taking over from someone who left the school. Went through HQ for 3 years through open posting before joining current school.
The previous HOD who left and who is my RO told me that my CEP has always been 'good and healthy' and told me to continue to stay on if I wish to move up the leadership ladder.
However, I've been with the school for some time now. Wouldn't that limit my progression?
Not sure if I should continue on or move to other schools to learn new things.
Do you feel like you are still learning new things in your current school? Are you interested in the new HOD portfolio that is offered to you? If so, you should stay on and complete at least your 2 years as a HOD, especially since the vacancy is open. Going elsewhere may not guarantee that a HOD or equivalent position is vacant for you, and as a result you may be stuck at your current level if you forgo this opportunity in your current school. Anyway, with a new environment always comes new uncertainties (for better or for worse).