Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2021, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Honestly its the best kept secret. Mostly just pointless emails and KPIs to try to justify the billions in sinkie taxpayers money wasted each year. In fact, I was so bored at work that I managed to find out my current DXO role can be best described by the American anthropologist David Graeber in his essay BS Jobs. In it he posits that the productivity benefits of automation have not led to a 15-hour workweek, as predicted by economist John Maynard Keynes in 1930, but instead led to "BS jobs": "a form of paid employment that is so completely pointless, unnecessary, or pernicious that even the employee cannot justify its existence even though, as part of the conditions of employment, the employee feels obliged to pretend that this is not the case." The only job more BS than my DXO job are the in camp regulars.

I'd already had doubts about my DXO job and there were bits in his essay that resonated with me (some good confirmation bias there). It made me seriously ponder what I'll be doing for the next 30-40 years given its such a stable but unexciting career.
Wow, sounds like a dream job. Applying now!!