Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 16-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Perm staff all jiak liao bee one. Anything is "hire outsource" employee to solve.
Perm staff have no skills and expertise. Then why is the company keeping them as perm staff?

Outsource staff lower pay and less leave etc.
Anyway during this covid-19 my division outsource staff have to come back for essential work.
While those perm staff WFH.

Joke right.
Which means those perm staff are not essential.
And yet it's the perm staff who keep getting promoted for years of doing nothing
While outsource staff slaves away at low pay just to keep their job.

And the management wonder why they can't retain staff.
Thanks staff you retained all cannot make it. Outsource also don't want to waste their talent working FOR you
I left more than 6 months ago and joined a MNC recommended by a friend with a lot of help from him and guidance. When i joined the MNC, I had a big culture shock. In mnc, you really have to do work and they really follow up. Every project is about cost and output so you don't have redundant projects hanging around doing nothing. The discipline is hard and i always have to catch up on my skills. I felt like a fresh grad out of ST with no skills that can be used. I didn't get confirmed during my 3rd month probation because i really can't catch up. But i finally got confirmed by my 6th month after putting in a lot of effort. The pros are i now i get real industry sought skills, worldwide exposure, opportunities to get professional certifications. The cons are, you really have to catch up. The pace is very different. But i have no regrets leaving.