Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2021, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are free to disagree. I am stating an opinion that I believe to be prevalent amongst my batchmates. You can confirm this for yourself by asking W from HR how many DLers declined to train at your disputes team. I myself interned at Baker and decided not to go there. Even the representative from Baker's disputes team was on the defensive during the practice group Q&A session.

If you prefer to cherry pick on teams and ignore the overall rankings, there are other more renowned and higher-ranked teams for construction disputes: Andrea Yeap SC and Ng Kim Beng at R&T; Christopher Chuah and Tay Peng Cheng at WP; Mohan Pilay at PM MPillay; Eugene Tan from Clyde.

The same applies for employment: Murali Pillai SC and Jonathan Yuen at R&T; Kelvin Tan at Drew; Sanjiv Rajan at A&G.

No matter how you flip the coin, the consistent conclusion is that you are better off (1) training at one of the B4s and then making partner or lateralling into a 'real' international firm or (2) training at a 'real' international firm or enrolling into the JLC programme. The other firms also offer far more opportunities to work with top lawyers handling other kinds of commercial disputes.
You mean Weena Soh from HR?

Who is the defensive disputes representative?