Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2021, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was a civil servant for about 10 years. Graduated with First Class Honours but worked in a totally unrelated field. Started as a MX13 and became MX12 after a year. Within 3-4 years became MX11 and I resigned as a MX10.

I was quite a “high flyer” despite I am not a scholar. Partly was because my grade was almost always a B or A unless for those year that I should be getting default grade C. My salary started at about 4K and last drawn was 9.6K. Yes, on average my increment was about 400+ due to my grading.

What make me left?

I realised that i was doing work for the sake of working. The passion as compared to when I first joined was gone. Everyday I dragged myself out of bed to work. Due to technology advancements, work seemed to be never ending. WFH only made thing worst.

I was lucky i started investing young. I decided to throw letter back in Apr after PB. Last day was 2nd of May. Currently happily semi retired doing full time tuition and grabfood. Monthly income only about 3K now but my passive income is able to cover the shortfall. Furthermore, Wife and kid likes it that I have time for them now.

Just want to advise the younger ones. Don’t join just because of high salary. Join for passion.
Your passion is tuition and grabfood?