Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Perm to contract, increase > 2k basic. Should I take it?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalan369 View Post
Hi

I am currently in a permanent job earning 5k basic x 16 (1mth aws and 3 mths bonus) + 2k (flexible benefits) == 82k per annum. I have 22 days of annual leave.

I got an offer for a 12 mths contract job., no. of annual leave is 14 days. Payroll is under recruitment firm but work at Govt Agency. There is chance to convert to perm at end of contract subject to performance of course. The package is 7.2k x 12 == 86.4k. There is no other additonal completion bonuses or benefits.This gives abount 4.4% increment solely base on annual package only.

Should I take up this offer? Is it much easier if maybe half a year later I try to find a permanent job base on my basic of 7.2K? Say I try to find something aroung 7-8k per mth with maybe 1 mths aws and 2 bonuses?

If the govt agency want to convert me to perm within the 1 year, am I going to get at least 7.2k per month base on when I joined them with payroll from recruitment firm? Or with them lower the monthly since this govt agency with give maybe around 1mth aws + 2mth bonuses?

Anybody with experience on this kind of things?

Thanks.
Wow! You must either really hate your current job very very much or are plain dumb to even consider the contract role. I mean what are you even considering? The prospect of taking the contract role that pays only $2.4k more p.a. with only 14 days annual leave and the prospect of being jobless after 12 months with no/very little benefit? Do they even offer medical? Wow. Just wow. Good luck.