Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Perm to contract, increase > 2k basic. Should I take it?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 06:57 PM
ItsMeAgainSE2021

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Who the heck will take this lousy offer only to risk being out of job 1 year later?
Hi Im the same guy from previous post.

Well actually for my existing pay, I have factored in everything, including variable bonus (if company performance is good) and stock options in best case scenario. (and I have just received increment recently, im using that in my calculation)

If I only calculate the base + allowance + target variable bonus, the new offer is 10% more.
Bonus and allowances are paid directly in my monthly salary, I dont have to serve full year to get them.
The hiring manager has also told that based on my future performance, they will be converting me to direct contract / perm eventually, as the project is going for long term. (My friend got it in a year, from same agency).

It's not that I don't like my current company, I received good comments from other departments, and good increments every year (>10% thrice but I dont think it will be the same in next few years).
Plus, my current employer is business driven, there are way too many steps / processes just to get simple things done (in tech team itself). I don't see good future for me as a Software Engineer.

While writing these, I feel that I have made up my mind.
still Im open to any comments, thanks guys!