Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - High Finance Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 05:05 PM

sampz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I’m looking at FO, BB

Investment Banking / sales and trading / asset management
What’s the starting pay like nowadays and what should one roughly expect to earn in 5 years?
For BBs & some other MMs, IB & S&T pre 2021 (there was recently a raise) both pay fresh grads a base salary of 9.5-10k/mth, with bonus ranging quite widely. This much I can personally confirm from my own experience, though there will be a raise to somewhere around 11-12k/mth for 2022 fresh grads & summer interns.

Heard stories of IBD bonuses hitting up to 100-120% of base for top buckets at stronger banks, but the norm is likely slightly below, maybe 80%? S&T bonuses tend to be a bit lower on average, given that they work 60-70% of IBD hours, have heard stories of 40-60% base being the norm. But these bonus stories are just based on hearsay, I haven't received my first bonus yet. Still, yearly all-in compensation (pre-raise) should have been safely about 200k++ for IBD, and 160k++ in S&T.

In 5 years, associates/AVPs should expect to more or less have doubled their total comp, but variance will be a bit high. For example, a good trader could possibly have already been made VP and be managing 10++m of PnL yearly, while many others could be getting mediocre bonuses due to poor performance, meaning they are likely to leave/be culled soon. Can't give meaningful figures here, as simple average figures are vulnerable to survivorship bias.

Don't know how much AM pays in Singapore